Terms of transportation
Note: This is an automated translation on the "Terms of transportation" approved by the Ministry of Transport July 2019
1. Who the terms of transportation apply to
The terms of transportation apply to anyone who is onboard any operators vehicles that run on contract for Agder Kollektivtrafikk AS (AKT) or at terminals, waiting rooms and bustops. When traveling, the traveler make a transport agreement with AKT. These terms and conditions apply as a transport agreement between AKT and the traveler.
2. Travel document
The right to transport is obtained by purchasing a ticket in accordance with the current tariff regulations. The traveler must redeem a ticket before, or upon boarding, and keep valid travel document throughout the journey (paper ticket, mobile ticket or travel card / school card). It is the traveler's responsibility to have a valid method of payment when purchasing a ticket. The traveler has to make sure that he / she has been given the right ticket and change currency . Any complaint about a ticket or currency exchange must be done immediately.
The ticket and any documentation on the claim for a discount must be kept throughout the journey and must be shown to the driver or the inspector. The traveler's responsibility for having a valid ticket lapses if, for technical reasons, it is not possible to obtain a valid ticket. What is valid ticket and documentation when claiming a discount is stated in the current regulations for prices and discounts.
The travel voucher must be kept throughout the journey and until the traveler has left the bus/boat.
For more information on the rules for use and rights for Mobilbillett, visit www.akt.no
3. AKT's responsibility for delays and cancellations
AKT shall provide transportation in accordance with the routes stipulated in the route plan, and shall arrange for travelers to obtain a valid travel document before the journey. Departure time for scheduled transport will be posted at all major stops. Tariff information should also be found in all means of transport and on www.akt.no.
AKT shall, as far as possible, inform travelers about cancellations, delays and other conditions that hinder their operations, as well as provide information on alternative transport / itineraries. AKT will also provide alternative means of transport as far as possible. In the event of delays, diversions, or cancellation of departures that have not been notified, the traveler may claim reimbursed expenses for alternative transport through AKT's travel guarantee. The travel guarantee does not apply if the delay or cancellation is announced in advance or is due to circumstances beyond the carrier's control, such as extraordinary weather or natural events, unforeseen problems with the road and other traffic conditions, public injunctions and prohibitions, strikes and lockouts etc. The travel guarantee does not include late arrival to the corresponding bus / boat or consequential damage of the delay.
4. During the journey
- If the authorities have established designated stops, boarding and disembarkation shall take place on these. If it is safe and in accordance with the traffic rules, such stops can also take place outside the fixed stops.
- Everyone must adhere to the instructions given at the posting or by the staff. Anyone who does not comply with such an order may be dismissed. Travelers are obliged to pay attention to each other. Drivers or other operators may refuse to include or disavow travelers who are visibly intoxicated or who otherwise embarrass other travelers or the driver.
- Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) and the use of intoxicants are prohibited on board the means of transport.
- Travelers should always keep a good distance from the means of transport when entering and exiting the bus stop.
5. Hand luggage and other luggage
- Hand luggage:
Travelers can freely bring easily manageable items (hand luggage) with a total weight of up to 20 kg for each traveler. The luggage must be positioned so that it does not embarrass the travelers or impede boarding and disembarkation. Aisle, doors and emergency exits must be kept free as escape routes at all times. Luggage or goods must therefore not escape escape routes at any time
- Other luggage:
Bicycle and kick sledge are included if space is available. In all cases, it is the driver who decide whether there is enough space. Animals are included when they are not disturbing other passengers and there is space on the means of transport. Guide dog for blinds / police dog should always be included. Animals must be subject to owner control (in leashes, cages or similar). Ski, prams and the like must be held or positioned so that they cannot fall over. All items and animals are carried under the traveler's own responsibility. AKT and the carrier are not responsible for loss of or damage to strollers and items carried as hand luggage, unless negligence can be demonstrated by the staff.
- The following cannot be taken on the bus/boat:
Flammable and explosive substances, motorized bicycles / tools, loaded weapons, sharp-edged / smelly objects and other things that can obviously be a nuisance to others.
6. Wheelchair and stroller
Travelers in a wheelchair or those with a stroller can use AKT's buses and boats. Strollers and wheelchairs must be placed in designated areas and must be secured. There is limited space on board for strollers and wheelchairs.
- On city buses: wheelchairs on city buses should not exceed 80 x 130 cm, with a total weight of up to 300 kilos (wheelchair and user combined).
- On regional / express buses: The lift can lift a total of 300 kg, ie total weight (wheelchair and user) must not exceed this. The wheelchair size can be a maximum of 110 cm long (including foot rests) and 75 cm wide.
- The stroller must be supervised and secured throughout the trip.
7. Verification of travel douments and surcharge
- Control staff and drivers have the right to check the travel voucher. The passenger has the right to be treated respectfully. The inspection can be carried out by both uniformed and civilian personnel. The control staff must be able to show identification.
- Travelers who on check do not show a valid ticket for commenced travel are obliged to pay an additional fee. By commenced travel is meant that the passenger is on board the means of transport.
- The additional fee is NOK 950 (possibly payment with Vipps NOK 750). The additional fees are set by the Ministry of Transport and Communications. This also applies to travelers who use discounted tickets and who are unable to identify themselves with a valid proof of proof. The passenger is obliged to provide the correct name, address and date of birth. Cancellation of travel by check does not exempt any additional fee.
- AKT is responsible for ensuring that the ticketing equipment is in operation. If AKT is aware that the equipment is out of service, no additional fee will be charged. If in doubt, for technical reasons, it has not been possible for the passenger to obtain a valid ticket, any additional fee will only be imposed after AKT has inspected the specific equipment and found it in order at that time.
- Failure to pay the additional fee will be cleared up and possibly collected by debt collection. For minors under the age of 18, no extra collection costs are incurred, but parents can be informed of the situation. In repeated cases, the guardians will be held liable for AKT's loss.
- Travel documents that are forged or misused, or that the traveler is trying to misuse, will be blocked and may be withdrawn by the controller for receipt. Misuse or falsification of a travel document can result in a notification to the police.
- For false or counterfeit tickets, a fee of NOK 2000 will be issued and the ticket will be canceled.
8. Lost and found-property
Anyone who takes care of forgotten/lost items in the company's areas and means of transport, should hand these over to the staff as soon as possible. Lost property are kept by the carrier or AKT for three months. However, this does not apply to food products or other similar perishable goods. If the owner does not register after three months and proves ownership, valuables must be handed over to the police. Other items are thrown or handed over to charitable organizations.
9. Liability and damages for loss or damage
Responsibility for the traveler:
- Damage inflicted by the traveler on the means of transport or furnishings shall be compensated in accordance with normal compensation rules.
Responsibility for the operator:
- In the event of injury to persons or luggage during bus travel, the operator is liable in accordance with the provisions of the Car Liability Act of February 3, 1961. In the case of transport by boat, the operator is liable under the law of 24 June 1994 on shipping.
- The operator is not responsible for the loss or damage of items taken freely onboard, unless it is intentional or grossly negligent on the part of the operator. For the loss or damage of a wheelchair or other moving equipment during bus journeys, the responsibility of the Law of 21 June 2002 on Occupational Transport § 32a, cf. Regulation 25 February 2016 on bus passenger rights, is followed.
The loss that occurs must be documented to the operator. Only the direct loss is covered. The customer is obliged to limit his loss. Anyone wishing to claim compensation for loss of or damage to luggage must do so within a reasonable time.
For luggage for which compensation is paid, the operator is liable for any loss or damage that affects the goods from being placed in the means of transport up to the place of destination. This does not apply, however, if the loss or damage is due to errors or neglect on the part of the traveler carrying the goods. In determining the amount of compensation, the Road Freight Agreements Act of 20 December 1974 applies to bus transport and for transport by boat the Maritime Shipping Act of 24 June 1994.
Any complaints should be directed to AKT customer service. This also applies to complaints of additional charges received and confiscated travel documents in accordance with section 7. You can complain to the Transport Complaints Board - Public transport if you and the service provider do not agree on a complaint case.