Real time – a better bus experience
Real time provides better and more up-to-date information and gives you a better overview, thus making it easier for you to travel by bus. Real time provides security and predictability for all bus travellers and is being implemented so that you as a passenger should feel better looked after.
REAL TIME ON WEB AND MOBILE – Full overview
- In most parts of the Agder counties, the web and mobile version of the travel planner gives you up-to-date real time information for all the bus stops. You can easily search for departure and arrival times in real time, giving you a complete overview of exactly when the buss will arrive at any bus stop (including those who do not have their own electronic board with information in real time).
- All travel schedules and travel information in real time will be marked YELLOW in the travel planner.
Other travel schedules based on the regular time table (not real time) are shown with WHITE text.
- The mobile app (called "AKT Reise") also provides real time information. (Note! The app is only available in Norwegian.)
REAL TIME AT BUS STOPS - More predictable
- On selected bus stops, electronic boards will display departure times for the next buses. When it’s more than 10 minutes until departure, the time of departure will be shown. When it’s less than 10 minutes until departure, the board will show the number of remaining minutes. Deviations from the schedule will also be displayed on the boards. When a bus arrives at a bus stop with multiple lines and the doors are opened, the bus line and destination will be announced on external speakers. In cases when departures are not connected to the real time system, “ca” (circa) will be shown in front of the departure time.
REAL TIME ON BOARD BUSES – Better information
- On board the bus, display screens will provide information about the next bus stops on the bus line/route. The next stop will also be automatically read out loud over the internal speaker.
- Most buses will be equipped with large TFT screens. But due to lack of space, some buses will be equipped with smaller, single-row LED screens instead, providing simplified travel information.
WHAT IS REAL TIME?
- The new real time information system (SIS) is based on the pairing of GPS technology and information from an in-vehicle computer on board each bus. The collected information enables us to locate the position of the vehicle, which in turn provides a basis to auto-generate a prognosis for when the bus is expected to depart from a bus stop. This information is conveyed to passengers on electronic boards/screens, web and mobile.
- If a major deviation or service disruption is not captured by the real time system, AKT will automatically post information and service messages on bus stops, web, mobile and in some cases on board the bus.
IMPROVED INFORMATION FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED
- In all buses with the real time system, the next bus stop on the bus line/route will automatically be read out loud over the internal speaker.
- At selected bus stops, there will also be located push buttons with a speaker. If the button is pushed, the same information as on the real time board/screen is read out loud.
IMPROVED TOOL FOR BUS DRIVERS AND BUS COMPANIES
- Displays will be mounted by the drivers seat and with the bus company’s traffic management. This will provide a better overview of the traffic situation, automate functions in the bus and simplify reporting and communication.
- Real time will also simplify and improve the quality of information at our customer service centres and telephone 177.
- There will also be created information points at central travel junctions in Kristiansand. This will apply to Markens gate (by Henrik Wergelands gate and outside “Postgården”) and the main bus station, where large electronic information boards will show departures in real time for bus stops nearby.
- The information points will also provide other relevant information on public transport.
DISPLAY SCREENS AT SCHOOLS AND LARGE WORKPLACES
- The real time system allows schools, businesses, hotels, organizations and others who want to provide information about public transport in the area, to set up their own displays with real time information.
GREEN LIGHT FOR THE BUS
- In a later phase of real time system launch, the buses will be given priority at traffic lights. When a bus is approaching a traffic junction, the traffic light will change and remain green until the bus has passed.
- This will help improve the flow of public transport and the buses will arrive faster at their destination.
Information about REAL TIME is also available in PDF format:
(NOTE! The brochure is only available in Norwegian)
GIVE US FEEDBACK!
During autumn 2013 the real time information system (SIS) is being introduced in the Kristiansand area.
Along the way, we would greatly appreciate your feedback by e-mail!